Brenda Regan Associate Broker
Fax : 269-983-6605
Address: 3665 S. Lakeshore Dr., St. Joseph, MI 49085
Staging: What You Need To Know
Staging Your Home Checklist
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.